I hope everyone had a great long weekend. Here is what third grade will be working on this week.
Reading- On Friday we will be taking a test on compare/contrast, the tenses of be, do, and have, vocabulary words, and spelling. If we do not have school on Friday, the students will take the tests the day we return to school.
Writing- We started cursive last week. The students will be required to write in cursive on all assignments once we have learned how to write all of the letters. We went to the computer lab and typed a persuasive letter to Mr. Buchleitner about school uniforms.
Math- We will be completing division this week. The students will be taking a quiz covering dividing by 7-12. Next week we will have a test that covers dividing by 0-12. We will play games to review before we take the test next week. Please feel free to practice facts with your child at home.
Science- We will not be working on science during this short week. I wanted to focus on social studies this week since the project is due on Thursday.
Social Studies- The settlement project is due on Thursday January 21st. Projects will not be accepted late due to the end of the quarter.
Things to remember-
- The art show will be Thursday January 21st. This is an adult only event. The art work that the students have been working on over the last two years will be displayed in the hallways. There will be baskets to bid on as well as other great prizes.
- The 2nd quarter ends on Friday January 22nd. Report cards will be given out on Friday January 29th.
- January 22nd is a 12:30 dismissal
- We will be having pizza lunch on Wednesday January 27th. Parents are welcome to come and eat with their kids during this lunch for Catholic Schools Week.
- Next week is Catholic Schools Week. We will spend the week a greatness of a catholic education.
- We are in need of pencils, glue sticks, red pens, and expo markers. Anything that you are willing to donate will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Thank you all so much for your support!