- A packet was sent home for our field trip to Cox Farm in Virginia on Friday October 14th.It will cost $12 for students and chaperones. Payment and permission slips are due by October 7th. Chaperones will be selected on a first come, first served basis and must be VIRTUS trained.
- The Walkathon is on October 7th. Please send that email to friends and family for donations. We are asking for each student to raise $70. This fundraiser will help us update our science lab and buy additional materials to conduct experiments. This day will be a 12:30 dismissal.
- The first payment for chicken nugget lunch was due on Friday September 30th. Our first chicken nugget lunch will be Wednesday October 5th.
- The first payment for variety lunch was due on Friday October 7th. Our first variety lunch will be Wednesday October 12th.
- We do not have school on Monday October 10th due to Columbus Day.
- We will have a TAG day on Thursday October 13th.
- Mid quarter reports went out on Friday September 30th. They were in the Thursday folders. The report must be signed on the bottom and returned to school on Monday. If you would like to discuss your child’s grade, please let me know.
- Sign up for the remind app as soon as you can. It is a great and quick way to communicate. Please see me if you need the link
Math- We will continue to work on place value. Students will compare and order numbers up to the hundred thousand place. Math journals were started on Friday. The composition book must be decorated and covered in contact paper. If you need help covering the book in contact paper, send it materials in with your child and I will be more than happy to cover it for you. The math journal and math maintenance is due on Thursday October 6th. They will be graded and returned on Friday. The students will then get another journal problem and math maintenance worksheet.
Reading- The reading skill/ strategy is summarizing the story. Summarizing the story will include the characters, setting, beginning, middle, and ending of the story. The grammar skill will be common and proper nouns. Due to the Walkathon, we will take on Thursday. The test will cover vocabulary, summarizing a story, identifying common and proper nouns in a sentence, and the weekly spelling words. Students that have not completed must do assignments last week will catch up on the work during recess this week.
Religion- We are working on a chapter will be about the Holy Rosary. The students will learn about importance of the beads and the prayers of the Rosary.
Science- The students will continue to learn about water by examining it on a slope and learning how rain drops interact with different natural materials such as grass, leaves, and soil.
Social Studies- We will take a test on chapter 1 this Wednesday. Students can use the lesson review questions at the end of each section or the review at the end of the chapter. The next chapter will be government. This will include voting and the presidential election.
Thank you for all of your support!