Here us what we will be working on this week:
Things to remember:
- Due to the shortage of contact paper workbooks need to covered by the end of the month. If you'd like them to be covered at school send in the contact paper with your child and I would more than happy to do it for you.
- We have a TAG day on Thursday September 22. Students must pay $2.00 to come out of uniform
- A packet was sent home for our field trip to Cox Farm in Virginia on Friday October 14th.It will cost $12 for students and chaperones. Payment and permission slips are due by October 7th. Chaperones will be selected on a first come, first served basis and must be VIRTUS trained.
- An email was sent on Friday about our Walkathon on October 7th. Please send that email to friends and family for donations. We are asking for each student to raise $70. This fundraiser will help us update our science lab and buy additional materials to conduct experiments.
- The first payment for pizza lunch is due on Friday September 23rd. Our first pizza lunch will be next Wednesday September 28th.
- Picture Day is next Monday September 26th. Information for ordering pictures went home in the Thursday folder last week.
- Mid quarter reports will go out on Friday September 30th. All students will get a report. The report must be signed on the bottom and returned to school on Monday.
- The first payment for chicken nugget lunch is due on Friday September 30th.
- Sign up for the remind app as soon as you can. It is a great and quick way to communicate. Please see me if you need the link
Math- All students did a great job on the quiz they took last Wednesday. We are still working on addition. We will have a test on Thursday. The math facts packet from last week will go home in the Thursday folder this week. Please note that students have all week to complete the packet during math class. They are also allowed to work on it during recess if they need to finish it. If you need further clarification let me know.
Reading- The reading skill/ strategy is main idea/ details. We will take on Friday. The test will cover vocabulary, main idea/details, identifying predicates in a sentence, and the weekly spelling words.
Religion- We have begun talking about people who are called by God. We will continue to learn about individuals such as Abraham, Sarah, Ruth, and Naomi. We will take a test next Monday September 26th. We will play a review game on Thursday.
Science- We will our experiment to learn about surface tension. The students will have a quiz early next week on the vocabulary words they have learned so far.
Social Studies-We will be learning about different types of communities. The flag project is due this Friday September 23rd.
Thank you for all of your support!