- Due to the shortage of contact paper workbooks need to covered by the end of the month. If you'd like them to be covered at school send in the contact paper with your child and I would more than happy to do it for you.
- A packet was sent home for our field trip to Cox Farm in Virginia on Friday October 14th.It will cost $12 for students and chaperones. Payment and permission slips are due by October 7th. Chaperones will be selected on a first come, first served basis and must be VIRTUS trained.
- An email was sent on Friday about our Walkathon on October 7th. Please send that email to friends and family for donations. We are asking for each student to raise $70. This fundraiser will help us update our science lab and buy additional materials to conduct experiments.
- The first payment for pizza lunch wass due on Friday September 23rd. Our first pizza lunch will be next Wednesday September 28th.
- The first payment for chicken nugget lunch wass due on Friday September 30th. Our first chicken nugget lunch will be next Wednesday October 5th.
- Mid quarter reports will go out on Friday September 30th. All students will get a report. The report must be signed on the bottom and returned to school on Monday.
- Sign up for the remind app as soon as you can. It is a great and quick way to communicate. Please see me if you need the link
Math- All students did a great job on the math test. The next chapter will be place value. Students will compare and order numbers up to the thousands place. The math facts packet from last week will go home in the Thursday folder this week. If it is incomplete please sign and return the packet on Friday. Please note that students have all week to complete the packet during math class. They are also allowed to work on it during recess if they need to finish it. If you need further clarification let me know. Math journals must be decoated and covered in contact paper by Friday (9/30).
Reading- The reading skill/ strategy is problem/solution. We will take on Friday. The test will cover vocabulary, problem/solution, identifying predicates in a sentence, and the weekly spelling words. Students that have not completed must do assignments every week will catch up on the work during recess the following week. There was a note that went home on Friday that explains the new policy in more detail.
Religion- We have begun talking about people who are called by God. We will continue to learn about individuals such as Abraham, Sarah, Ruth, and Naomi. We will take a test today. The next chapter will be about the Holy Rosary.
Science- The students will have a quiz on Tuesday on the vocabulary words they have learned so far. We will play a game today.
Social Studies-We will be learning about different types of communities. We will take a test next Wednesday. We will play a review game on Thursday. The students will have an opportunity earn an extra point on their social studies average if they watch the debate tonight and write one thing that they learned while watching the debate.
Thank you for all of your support!